Sunday, July 17, 2011

Fluffy white ruffles

I've had the same best friend for over 25 years. We met in kindergarten, went through brownies together, same elementary school, high school and everything in between and after. If I was to sum up our friendship I would have to say lasting. No matter the miles, distance or circumstance, we always seem to find our way back to each other. When ever we are together we pick up right where we left off.

We are such good friends that we call each others parents by first names, because we've known them for so long, I feel they've had a helping hand with my parents in raising me. So when Mer called me and asked me to make a suprise cake for her mom's birthday, I couldn't say no. Mer's mom loves lemon and vanilla, so I created a vanilla bean cake filled with tangy lemon curd. I am also a sucker for lemon curd and sit and eat it with a spoon.

I've been dying to create this ruffle cake and top it with pretty-ness since I saw in on a blog. I also love plumeria and decided that I would top the cake with some pretty tropical flowers, seen as Edmonton has had rainy weather lately, tropical flowers may be a nice reminder that it is in fact summer here.

Happy Birthday to Mer and S, as they both celebrated their birthday's the same week. Mer however hit the big 3-0. Where has the time gone. Love ya Mer, here's to our next 25 year's as friends.

Also, if you haven't noticed from my website, Mer has a cupcake named after her, The Mer, a hot chocolate cake. Yum-o, but that story is for a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment