Sunday, July 17, 2011

Boy or Girl....


Blue or pink...which is it going to be?

Four months ago, my friends, Mr. and Mrs. J, announced that they were expecting. How exciting. While the group of my friends were super excited, I was excited for the reveal, because I'd get to make reveal cupcakes. Any excuse to make cupcakes makes me excited.

Waiting 20 weeks to make cupcakes was starting to kill me. Ha. But alas, on June 2, also Mrs. J's birthday, I was able to present her gender reveal cupcakes. Now if you've never heard of a reveal cake/cupcakes, it is either a cake coloured to present the gender of the baby. The cake is frosted so when you cut in, you 'reveal' the gender. Well, I did my take on a gender reveal cake and made it into cupcakes. I started with my sinfully delicious chocolate cake, a moist, fluffy cake exploding with rich chocolate flavour. For the blue filling I tinted vanilla buttercream with blue. And because I was secretly hoping it was a girl, I even predicted in the baby pool, I filled the pink with my strawberry cheesecake icing. Yum. Mama-to-be S, loves creamy cheese icing, so I figured that the pink would be pretty reflective of her faves. To finish the cakes, I made fluffy swirls of tinted yellow and green buttercream. I combined the two colours to make the green and yellow swirl.

So what is Mama-to-be S and Daddy-to-be M having in November...Well the first ultrasound was inconclusive. Baby was playing shy and wouldn't show its bits. Poor Mama-to-be and Daddy-to-be, but after a second ultrasound the verdict was in...three lines...

IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expected in November. Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. J and family and friends. Have to go now, I need to go shopping for baby girl J.

No comments:

Post a Comment