Thursday, June 23, 2011

Back to work

Maternity leave is over and it is back to work. Where did a year go?

There was no slow transiton back in to the workforce me, my colleagues were happy to see me and followed up with, Friday is your snack day. "Hi guys, missed you too."

Every Friday, our team gets together for a meeting to discuss the days events and eat a Friday treat. Someone different is responsible for bringing in a snack and they are always delgihtfully delicious. Some bring in scones, pancakes, waffles, muffins, breakfast casseroles, frittatta's etc. No one breakfast snack is the same, well with the exception of fruit. We always seem to bring in fruit. I guess it is to compensate for the caloric content of main snack. Name a breakfast item that isn't high in content. I dare you.

So for my first snack duty, I had to treat my co-workers to some of Toot Sweet Cupcakes creations. So we created a delicious Stuffed French Toast Cupcake.

STUFFED FRENCH TOAST CUPCAKE?????????? What?????

Yes, Stuffed. French Toast. Cupcake. We started out with a french toast cake base, yummy, so delicious on it's own. Actually tasted like french toast. Yum. Then we stuffed it with Strawberry preserve AND fresh strawberries. Then we topped it all off with a swirl of the delightful brown sugar cream cheese frosting. YUM!

Mr. Toot Sweet Cupcakes, says I am a French Toast snob. I love French Toast, it is my favorite breakfast food. But if my french toast is soggy, I turn up my nose, but this french toast was moist, not soggy. My co-workers enjoyed it, a few of them may have had seconds and other floors and staff were pretty upset that they were privy to the French Toast Cupcake. Next time guys.

Now to perfect the ultimate Bacon Cupcake????????? Maybe???? Hmmm??? I'm off to the lab/kitchen for some R&D.

No comments:

Post a Comment