Thursday, June 23, 2011

Our Lil' Cupcake turns 1.

Well the lil' cupcake turned 1. I can't believe this time last year I was holding a newborn. The Cupcake decided to surprise us and arrive four weeks earlier, messing with my schedule. Ha.

36 weeks and one day. I woke up in the morning after my water broke, let Mr. Toot Sweet sleep for an hour. Then when he woke up I told him, I probably wasn't in labour and to go to work. Haha. I decided not to go to the hospital right away, I still wasn't sure if in fact my water had broken? It was my first baby, I had no clue. So instead I opted to wait until my 11:20 am prenatal appointment, it was 6:40 am when I made this decision.

So in between Mr. Toot Sweet and I decided we better do some laundry, because if this baby was coming today, she needed some clean clothes, run to get snacks for Mr. Toot Sweet and go for a big breakfast because labour could be long and I may not eat again until the next day.

After that was all said and done, on the way to my prenatal, I figured I was indeed in labour as contraction were getting stronger and harder.

Got to the hospital and told the doc that I think I was in labour, he admitted me and 4 hours after, voila, the Lil' Cupcake was born. 7 Pounds 11 Ounces, a full head of hair and a spltting image of her momma.
For the lil' Cupcakes birthday, she had a giant chocolate cupcake with pink buttercream icing.

We also created the best ever red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing. I had many people tell me that they don't usually like red velvet, but when they tried those one, they were surprised at how good they were. I was very happy.

And I couldn't just stop at red velvet, we also made Vegan Chocolate cupcakes with pink buttercream. I had people once again, skeptical. How can vegan chocolate be good???? Well guess what, they were delicious. Even my mother-in-law was surprised at how yummy they were. She's from BC, were the original cupcakes started and she said the Red Velvet and Vegan Chocolate were the best she's tasted in a while.

Happy Dance for Yummy cupcakes from my toughest critics.

Cupcake stands and trees are available upon request. Cupcake liners will used to match your decor and theme of your party. Contact us today and book our birthday special. A 6 inch one-tier cake and 12 cupcakes for $50. Add on an additional 12 cupcakes for $15 per dozen. Or change your 6 inch cake to vegan chocolate for an extra $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment