Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Look who's smashing a cake

I love smash cakes. I especially love when children actually smash the cake to bits. So much fun, getting dirty, getting full of icing and maybe getting some of the cake in the mouth, hair and ears.

I met V through Momstown, I know you've heard me speak of that before, so when V asked me to do a special cake for her little man L, I jumped at the opportunity.  The B family booked the lovely Jen of Snow Pea Portraits for family fall photos and smash photos Thanksgiving weekend, what a great weekend for photos.

V asked me to make a vanilla spice gluten free cake for little man L, with three owls on top, owl inspiration was taken from a GroVia cloth diaper. One to represent L, and two to represent their puppies, a rotti and a shepherd. V sent me a picture of the pups and they are every bit as cute as L himself.
I was super nervous making this cake because of L's gluten allergy. To ensure no cross contamination, I checked with V a few times to ensure the ingredients I had on the list would be Ok and indeed gluten free. We went with a vanilla spice cake, which made my house smell like fall filled with fresh strawberries and strawberry preserve covered in a vanilla spice tinted buttercream.

No comments:

Post a Comment