Sunday, April 17, 2011

Lemon Meringue and Chocolate Chip cupcakes

I've been craving tart lemony-goodness lately. I do every Spring, I love lemonade and this past week lemonade just wasn't cutting it, so I thought I'd make a Lemon Meringue cupcake. YUM!
The cake itself is a lemon cake, filled with lemon curd, and topped with meringue frosting and toasted golden brown, just like a lemon meringue pie. So tart, sweet and goodness all wrapped in one yummy cupcake.












Well, I just couldn't stop at Lemon Meringue cupcake, so I thought I'd try my hand at a whipped buttercream, I made it once and recieved rave reviews, but with the move, I lost the recipe. Opps.
So there again, I went scouring the internet and looking for the recipe again and then I decided, what the hey, I'll wing it. And wing it I did.

I made yummy vanilla buttermilk cupcake studded with chocolate chips. Chocolate chip (Bernard Callebaut chips) cupcakes, topped with a milk chocolate (camino chocolate) whipped buttercream.

Now this buttercream is not like the usual too sweet, crust up buttercream. This buttercream is subtly sweet with a nice chocolate taste and fluffy and light. It mimics whipped cream, without the oily film. In all honesty, maybe, just possibly, my favourite icing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment